Catholic Hospice Inc. is committed to volunteers through our Volunteer Department. Our volunteers support our mission by providing companionship with compassion. Volunteers assist us in office settings, interacting directly with patients and their loved ones and participating in grief related activities for children 6-17 years old.
Our dedicated volunteers fill many roles at Catholic Hospice. Volunteers are an important part of the patient care team, providing a special kind of care and compassion to our patients and their families. Catholic Hospice provides an orientation and training for all volunteers. There are several ongoing opportunities:
- Emotional support to patients and families
- Read to a patient or holding a patients hand
- Stay with a patient while families members take a needed break or keep an appointment
- Shop or run errands for a patient
- Pray, play or sing with a patient
- Call or visit bereaved families to offer emotional support
- Coordinate mailings to bereaved families
- Clerical duties such as: answering phones and filing at Catholic Hospice
- Data entry
If you are interested in volunteering with Catholic Hospice please contact our Volunteer Department at 305-351-7052 or email email@example.com
For your convenience, we have a Volunteer-Application here for you to download and scan or mail when completed.