Volunteers fill many roles at Catholic Hospice. They are an important part of the patient care team, providing a special kind of caring and compassion to our patients and their families. Catholic Hospice provides a basic orientation and training for all volunteers. There are a several ongoing opportunities:
• Providing emotional support to patients and families.
• Listening to patients and families.
• Reading to a patient, or holding a hand.
• Staying with a patient while families members take a needed break or keep an appointment.
• Shopping or doing errands for a patient.
• Providing transportation for a patient or family member.
• Praying, or singing with a patient.
• Providing emotional support and friendship to the patient and family.
• Calling or visiting bereaved families to offer emotional support.
• Coordinating mailings to bereaved families.
• Typing, answering phones and filing at Catholic Hospice offices.
• Helping with data entry.
• Providing information about Catholic Hospice at local health fairs and other community events.
• Speaking to groups on behalf of Catholic Hospice
For more information please call our Volunteer Coordinator at 305.351.7052 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also Download a Volunteer Application Here and mail it to our Volunteer Department.