Assisted Living Facilities & Residences for Seniors in Florida
Catholic Health Services offers assisted living apartments and residences that are charmingly furnished and decorated. They include kitchens, private suites or private bedrooms with shared baths. The apartments or suites have emergency call systems and private telephones are available.
Services For Both In-House Residents & Respite Care For Caregivers
The assisted living community enjoys three delicious waitress-served meals daily in gracious dining rooms, housekeeping, and laundry service. Personal care such as bathing, dressing and daily grooming, professional on-site barber and beautician keep our residents in tip-top condition. Common rooms for many social activities, chapel, gift shop and outings to events and places of general interest keep them busy and entertained.
Catholic Health Services assisted living residences offers Respite Care for caregivers who have additional responsibilities or activities beyond caring for a family member. We all need a break and a little extra help from time to time. Whether you are planning a short getaway or business trip, errands or other commitments, we provide compassionate, attentive and personalized service.
What are our admission criteria guidelines?
Before we outline an individual plan of service, we evaluate each resident to determine his or her needs.
- Able to perform ADLs (activities of daily living) under the supervision of assistance.
- Free from signs and symptoms of communicable disease.
- Does not require 24-hour nursing supervision.
- With respect to medication, the individual: 1) is capable of taking his/her own medication with or without supervision; or 2) facility provides assistance with self-administration of medication; or 3) resident or his/her legal representative contracts with a licensed third party to provide this service.
- The individual has no pressure ulcers or skin breaks classified as Stage 2, 3 or 4
- Individual's dietary needs can be met.
- Individual is able to participate in activities.
- The individual is capable of self-preservation in an emergency involving immediate evacuation of the building.
- The individual is not bed-ridden
- The individual has not been determined incapacitated or, if so, has a legal guardian to make decisions.
- The individual is not a danger to himself/herself or others as determined by a licensed mental health professional or healthcare provider.
- The individual does not require licensed professional mental health treatment on a 24 hour a day basis.
- The individual is at least 18 years of age.