Top 10 Ways To Have A Healthy HeartFebruary 3, 2023
Maintaining a healthy heart is important because the heart is responsible for pumping blood and delivering oxygen and nutrients to the body’s tissues and organs. A healthy heart can help reduce the risk of developing heart disease, which is a leading cause of death worldwide. Additionally, having a healthy heart can improve overall physical and mental health, increase energy levels, and promote longevity. Taking care of your heart can also lower the risk of heart attacks, strokes, and other cardiovascular events. Read below for ten ways to keep your heart healthy.
- Eating a healthy and balanced diet. Click here for information on building and healthy and balanced diet.
- Engaging in regular physical activity. Click here for more benefits of regular physical activity.
- Maintaining a healthy weight. Click here for more information on the importance of maintaining a healthy weight.
- Not smoking or using tobacco products. Click here to learn more about the health effects of smoking.
- Limiting alcohol consumption. Click here to read about alcohol use and your health.
- Managing stress through techniques like meditation or yoga. Click here for more tips on managing stress.
- Getting enough sleep. Click here to read what happens to our bodies when we don’t get enough sleep.
- Monitoring and controlling blood pressure. Click here to read more about blood pressure monitoring.
- Keeping cholesterol levels under control. Click here for ways to keep healthy cholesterol levels.
- Regular check-ups and screenings with a healthcare professional. Click here for check-ups your shouldn’t miss.
Catholic Health Services Medical Rehabilitation Hospitals are the expert resource for successful recovery from heart attacks, strokes and other heart diseases. If you or someone you know has had a recent medical event requiring cardiac therapy or stroke rehabilitation, contact CHS at 877-CHS-4ALL.