June is Men’s Health MonthJune 11, 2020
June is National Men’s Health Month and the focus is on improving the lifestyles of men, increasing awareness of the leading health concerns men face, and encouraging early detection and treatment of disease among men and boys.
Men need to get regular checkups and be aware of the risks for their age, ethnicity, and lifestyle.
How to increase awareness
- Know your preventable risks
- Take steps to create healthful habits
- Schedule routine tests for early detection of disease
- Learn your risk factors
- Document your family history with your physician
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the leading causes of death among men are heart disease, cancer, and accidental death.
How to observe
- Make a commitment to have a health checkup.
- If you’ve recently had one and you are at risk, consider making changes to your lifestyle to improve your health.
- Talk to your physician about the steps to take.
- Talk to the men in your life about making an appointment for a checkup.
- Take a walk with your father, brother, husband, son, friend, or co-worker.
- Cook up a healthy meal for the man in your life.
- Learn more about the leading health concerns men face.
For more information on men’s health, visit www.menshealthmonth.org.