Why Choose Home Health Care
Most patients experiencing a decline in health status often express the preference to be treated at home whenever possible. Home care offers high quality, cost effective, patient-centered, culturally sensitive, comprehensive skilled services in the comfort of the patients’ home environment for as long as possible. Care is provided by competent skilled professionals who are compassionate and sensitive to the cultural needs of the patient.
Home care touches all stages of life such as:
- post-acute care following a hospital stay or an exacerbation of a chronic illness
- an elderly person who is experiencing a decline in health and or functional status
- a person who has developed an onset of a new illness
Home care has a proven track record of managing chronic conditions, providing safe and effective care and reducing hospital readmissions.
Physicians have a favorable view of home care because home health services provide multiple advantages in improving health care quality, and reducing costs without compromising outcomes. Physicians appreciate the fact that home care agencies serve as care coordinators by promoting:
- patient self-care education
- monitoring compliance with physician orders
- helping to maintain maximum health and functioning among seniors enhancing their quality of life