(February 14, 2014, Lauderdale Lakes, FL) Villa Maria Nursing Center was recently recognized by the American Health Care Association (AHCA) for achieving all four goals in the AHCA Quality Initiative Recognition Program at the AHCA Quality Symposium in New Orleans, LA (Feb 10-12, 2014). Of more than 9000 nursing centers nation-wide, Villa Maria Nursing Center is one of only 68 nursing homes to reach this highest achievement (Tier IV) and the only recipient in Florida. Less than 1% of nursing homes nationwide achieved all four goals in 2013.
The American Health Care Association (AHCA) is a non-profit federation of affiliate state health organizations, together representing more than 12,000 nonprofit and for non-profit nursing center , assisted living, developmentally disabled and sub- acute care providers that care for the millions of elderly and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities each day. There are currently approximately 9,053 Skilled Nursing Facility provider members.
The recognition program honors those nursing homes that achieved one to four goals that are designed to further improve quality of care in America’s skilled nursing centers.
- Safely reduce the number of hospital readmission with 30 days during a SNF stay by 15%
- Reduce turnover amount nursing staff by 15%
- Increase the number of customers who would recommend the facility to others up to 90%
- Safely reduce the off-label use of antipsychotic drugs by 15%
In the first year of this annual program, recognition of those obtaining two goals (Tier II), three goals (Tier III) and all four goals (Tier IV) for 2013 was given at the Quality Symposium.
- Tier III recognition was given to St John’s Nursing Center (5% of nursing homes achieved this honor with just 16 in Florida)
- Tier II recognition was given to St Anne’s Nursing Center and Villa Maria West Skilled Nursing Center (21% of nursing homes achieved this honor)
Additionally, Villa Maria Nursing Center as a Tier IV recipient is featured in the February 2014 edition of Provider Magazine.
Catholic Health Services is a ministry of the Archdiocese of Miami and the largest post-acute provider in the southeast United States. We provide a full continuum of healthcare and social services to the southeast Florida community. We serve more than 6,000 people on a daily basis with over 7,500 new patients per year and operate 30 facilities in Broward and Miami-Dade counties. For additional information, www.catholichealthservices.org.
Contact: Maria A. Miranda CHS VP Public Relations 954.484.1515 – 5224