Alzheimer's Presentation at Archbishop Carroll Manor
On February 22nd, Dr. Ricardo Calonge came to Archbishop Carroll Manor and spoke to the residents about what tools and resources they could use for adults with moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease.
As we know, Alzheimer's can be a devastating condition for both patients and their caregivers.
Here are the 10 Top Tips for Family Caregivers:
- Seek support from other caregivers. You are not alone!
- Take care of your own health so that you can be strong enough to take care of your loved one.
- Accept offers of help and suggest specific things people can do to help you.
- Learn how to communicate effectively with doctors.
- Caregiving is hard work so take respite breaks often.
- Watch out for signs of depression and don't delay getting professional help when you need it.
- Be open to new technologies that can help you care for your loved one.
- Organize medical information so it's up to date and easy to find.
- Make sure legal documents are in order.
- Give yourself credit for doing the best you can in one of the toughest jobs there is!
For more information on caregiver action, please visit - http://caregiveraction.org/
Dr. Calonge and his office staff strives for excellence while practicing confident, compassionate and empathetic patient care. They
are committed to comprehensive quality healthcare for patients who desire continuity of care. They understand choosing an internal medicine physician is a difficult decision to make, and they are prepared to meet a broad range of adult health care needs. There internal medicine practice specializes in the care of patients 18 years of age and older.