Catholic Health Services Assisted Living Facilities
An assisted living facility is a special combination of housing, personalized supportive services and health care designed to meet the needs of those who need help with the activities of daily living.
Our assisted living facilities have charmingly furnished and decorated apartments with kitchens, private suites or private bedrooms with shared baths. The apartments or suites have emergency call systems and private telephones are available.
Residents enjoy three delicious waitress-served meals daily in gracious dining rooms, housekeeping and laundry service. Personal care such as bathing, dressing and daily grooming, professional on-site barber and beautician keep our residents in tip-top condition. Common rooms for many social activities, chapel, gift shop and outings to events and places of general interest keep them busy and entertained.
Catholic Health Services assisted living residences offers Respite Care for caregivers who have additional responsibilities or activities beyond caring for a family member. We all need a break and a little extra help from time to time, so whether you are planning a short getaway or business trip, errands or other commitments, we provide compassionate, attentive and personalized service.
What are our admission criteria guidelines?
Before we outline an individual plan of service, we evaluate each resident to determine his or her needs.
• Able to perform ADLs (activities of daily living) with supervision of assistance.
• Free from signs and symptoms of communicable disease.
• Does not require 24-hour nursing supervision.
• With respect to medication, the individual: 1) is capable of taking his/her own medication with or without supervision; or 2) facility provides assistance with self-administration of medication; or 3) resident or his/her legal representative contracts with a licensed third party to provide this service.
• Individual has no pressure ulcers or skin breaks classified as Stage 2,3 or 4
• Individual's dietary needs can be met.
• Individual is able to participate in activities.
• Individual is capable of self-preservation in an emergency involving immediate evacuation of the building.
• Individual is not bed-ridden.
• Individual has not been determined incapacitated or, if so, has a legal guardian to make decisions.
• Individual is not a danger to himself/herself or others as determined by a licensed mental health professional or health care provider.
• Individual does not require licensed professional mental health treatment on a 24 hour a day basis.
• Individual is at least 18 years of age.
Contact Catholic Health Services at 1-877-CHS-4ME2 for more information about assisted living services in South Florida.